THE LIVING WATER VISION IS THAT A SUSTAINABLE DAIRY INDUSTRY IS PART OF HEALTHY, FUNCTIONING ECOSYSTEMS THAT TOGETHER ENRICH THE LIVES OF ALL NEW ZEALANDERS.
Living Water is a partnership between Fonterra and the Department of Conservation who are working together to improve biodiversity and water quality across New Zealand.
The partnership teams are currently focusing on five sensitive catchments:
- Kaipara Harbour: Hikurangi Catchment
- Firth of Thames/Tīkapa Moana: Pῡkorokoro/Miranda Catchment
- Waikato Peat Lakes: Areare, Ruatuna, Rotomānuka
- Te Waihora/Lake Ellesmere: Ararira/LII Catchment
- Awarua–Waituna: Waituna Catchment