During our first 16 months, we have focused on setting up an enduring programme to achieve biodiversity and water quality improvements through practical community solutions.
Key programme activity has included:
- Establishment of programme scope, vision, governance and working groups.
- Fostering close working relationships with key stakeholders including farmers, iwi, councils and environmental care groups to identify specific conservation projects that support, complement or enhance existing projects.
- Implementation of 16 diverse start-up projects, which achieve widely accepted benefits, find essential site information, or trial new management techniques.
- Development and implementation of our three-year National Communications and Engagement Plan.
- Development of Annual Site Operational Plans.
- Full report below