LIVING WATER IS WORKING WITH LOCAL COMMUNITIES THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS AND COLLABORATIONS TO RESTORE THE BIODIVERSITY IN THE WAIKATO PEAT LAKES CATCHMENTS.
Currently Living Water is supporting the following projects:
- Restoring and enhancing the riparian habitat of these lakes through re-vegetation, fish and animal pest management and weed control programmes
- Installing silt traps to reduce the sediment filtering into the lakes
- Improving public access and visitor facilities for the lakes
- Supporting farmers by developing on-farm examples of practical drain management, silt traps, and biodiversity enhancement
- Partnering with the National Wetland Trust of New Zealand to help with their restoration work at Lake Serpentine/Rotopiko.